EYE LEVEL ORATACULAR
PUBLIC SPEAKING EVENT
WHAT IS THE ORATACULAR?
The Eye Level Oratacular is a competition in which members and non-members will learn the process of speech writing and delivery in a fun and motivating environment.
Online Registration: Jan 8, 2018 – Feb 23, 2018
EVENT DATE March, 17th, 2018
EVENT TIME 5:00pm to 6:30pm
EVENT LOCATION Eye Level Roanoke
PARTICIPANTS Eye Level and Non-Eye Level Students
* After completing the online registration, please stop by the learning center to collect the material to help prepare the speech and schedule a time slot during the workshop.
WORKSHOP DATE March, 3rd, 2018
The topic for this year’s speech contest is
“I Could Never Live Without”
This topic leaves room for a variety of responses and individuality. Participant responses can address the following (and more):
• What is something so important to you that it is hard to imagine your life without it?
• What has such an influence on you that without it your life would be very different?
• What is something that makes your life much easier/better?
Speech Duration For Each Participant
- 3 minutes for participants in K - 2nd grades
- 4 minutes for participants in 3rd - 5th grades
- 5 minutes for participants in 6th grade and above
• All participants will receive a participation prize.
• One winner will be picked from each group
Group 1: K - 2nd grades
Group 2: 3rd - 5th grades
Group 3: 6th grade and above
• One overall winner will be selected and the video recording of the speech will be submitted for the National selections.
The National Prizes are
Gold $150.00 and Trophy
Silver $100.00 and Trophy
Bronze $50.00 and Trophy